|Producer(s):||Stephanie Shires, Ben Allen, Louis Dickson, Olivia Gibbs, Thomas Schubert, Matthew Zeffertt||cat = Productions|
In 2020 during the Government imposed lockdown due to Coronavirus, YSTV began to produce quarantine or lockdown videos from home in order to keep busy and be able to continue with productions. The main show that came from this was Quarantine Weekly.
Quarantine YSTV was not YSTV's first tango with Coronavirus, as in February 2020, when it was announced that the first UK case of Coronavirus had occurred in York, Olivia Gibbs, Zoe Dickinson and Joe Radford appeared on Sky News being interviewed about the Universities reaction. The three of them, alongside Theo Bimson then created two videos about Coronavirus: The Vice-Chancellor's Statement on Coronavirus and a second unreleased video (thank god) explaining why Coronavirus wasn't something to worry about...
YSTV was temporarily rebranded "Quarantine YSTV" on social media, including new profile pictures and headers across all platforms. In addition to this, to mark the Quarantine videos as distinct from the regular ones, a green border was used on the thumbnail of the videos as opposed to the regular blue border.
During Quarantine Meetings were either had via Zoom, Discord or Google Hangouts. Eventually, Zoom became the place for more serious meetings and Discord more used socially. The format of meetings changed slightly in order to keep everyone sane and not have people just talk over each other. As Production Director, Olivia Gibbs began presenting powerpoints online for the first time, much to everyone's delight - in an effort to keep productions and editing going despite self-isolation.
Admin meetings were moved to Monday so that people didn't have to sit through 2 hour long meetings on a Tuesday (with Production meetings as well). Production meetings remained on Tuesday, and were (of course), much better.
Discord channels were arranged like the YSTV studio, Courtyard, G/N/020, as well as several clubs in town so members could pretend they were still just in York.
Discord was also regularly used for games of Club Penguin and Minecraft.
Quarantine Weekly was a show that came together from an amalgamation of ideas and segments - primarily from Stephanie Shires' desire to spread some happy news (hence the creation of the Happy News segment).
The show's segments included The Happy News, Campus News, Quarantine International and the always popular weekly Isolation Challenges (run primarily by Louis Dickson with the help of Olivia Gibbs to produce and edit alternate shows). Later shows would include further segments, with the dropping and changing of happy news and the addition of: Inside the YSTV Vault, Pets from home, A New Perspective on Lockdown and a number of interviews. The segments used per show was set to vary with available members and interest in certain topics.
One of the mainstays of the Quarantine weekly series, was the weekly challenge series seeing members of YSTV face off against each other for entertainment and dominance.
- The show ran for 10 weeks with a rotating cast of both participants and editors as well as guest and additional assisting members.
- The first week's challenge was to build a Quarantine Den.
- The second week's challenge was to create a backwards video.
- The third week's challenge was to bake a quarantine cake.
- The fourth week's challenge was to recreate a renaissance painting.
- The fifth week's challenge was a tag team challenge between the new / outgoing social securities and heads of archive. The two teams competed in a number of events.
- The sixth week's challenge was to produce an ASMR video and make it go viral online.
- The seventh week's challenge was a to perform a number of household tasks, competing of speed and quality.
- The eighth week's challenge was to break the deadlock created during the previous week, seeing a rematch between Zsóf and Sophie.
- The ninth week's challenge was to create workout routine videos.
A Lot of Editing
One of the most significant projects to occur during Quarantine YSTV was editing and specifically catching up on all the things we still hadn't edited. This included Come Dine With Me, Theatre Productions, Behind the Streams and more! As well as editing of the shows still being created.
Other Ideas / Plans
Ideas were had for a riddle show (similar to an online escape room), animated short stories, a revival of Schubert Squared, amongst others.
|YSTV Programmes • Events Coverage • One-offs|