Responsible for the Computing Services.
Also check out the documentation wiki page for more information (requires a YSTV website account).
What do we do?
- Software development
- "playout" - A new system to manage scheduled live broadcasting (Go)
- "video-transcoder" - A distributed video transcoder (Go)
- "my-tv" - A remake of the YSTV public and internal website (Typescript)
- "COBRA" - A streaming metrics display (Typescript)
- Managing a full network of internal servers
- Running live shows and events through our network onto campus
- Maintaining internal services for running the station
- Lots of things on trello (emails and networking always need fixing)
- Current projects
- Sorting firewall, router and DNS issues
- Redesigning system network, and rebuilding remote broadcasting kits
- Improving broadcasting software setup (see Cobra and playout)
- Heavy modern and historic documentation (see docswiki)
Made up of a couple people usually. Sometimes there is also some non-committee / policy roles as well such as web-designer.
- Computing Director / Computing Officer (1995? - present)
- Deputy Computing Director / Deputy Computing Officer / Computing Assistant (2002 - present)
- Webmaster (1998 - 2019)