Simple Facts about Mike
- Mike joined in 2009 at Freshers Fair.
- Mike has a slight hate of MAC OSX, due to it being left hand drive. - prefers window controls on the right.
- Likes lighting rigs. far too much.
- Invented windowvision 2010/2011.
- Won NaSTA Tech for chainable video matrixes
- Won YUMA for first piece of 3d student television
- Fast food. A show about food that is fast. takeaways, quizzes, and some bloke who has a strange habit of blending/liquidising cheap meals. Fast food's first episode was a complete disaster, and the only interesting thing was apparently Chris Young's choice of clothing. For some unknown reason, people insisted on watching it. As a result, Mike hid the episode from the website's view, in the hope that it would sink down the search results! Series 2 will not happen, as Mike spent too long fixing Comms and the Main Mux...
- Create YSTV "big logo" idents. Go round campus projecting logo all over the place.
- It works. But will need many more lumens to make a big enough impression...
- Infinite loop idents / stings
- GD set.
- A glowing pulsating monstrous set, requiring over 400 foot of jigsawing. The most epic YSTV set to date.
- Chainable video matrixes
- Over 2010 - 2011, Mike set about building the "better than standard" video matirx system. Built as two 8 in, 8 out matrixes, they can also join together to make a larger 16x8 system. At the moment, Mike can't find another system in the industry is capable of out of box linking. Ontop of this, they conform to Mike's standard "YVP".
- YVP (Ystv Vision Path)
- Because Having everything talk to everything else is so cool.
- YVP is pretty much butchered xml, with the driving principle being that machines can be used to create a mass routing table: this can then be read off to various other bits of kit, which can then display and react on the fly. For example, Someone connects up three cameras, and can't switch matrixes themselves. All they do is call up the YVP machine, tell it they want those three cameras on the vision mixer. The system then arranges itself, complete with matching tally lights. The Vision Mixer can also have a YVP addon, which then indicates what tally lights to activate...