Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 21st November 1967 - inaugural YSTV broadcast from the Chemistry department.
- 20th October 1986 - inaugural YSTV colour broadcast. At this time YSTV could only be watched on seven screens - one in each of Alcuin, Derwent, Langwith, Goodricke, Physics, Vanbrugh, Wentworth. The University's CCTV network was a rudimentary form of power-and-data over a 100V circuit which required special monitors.
- January 1988 - YSTV Breaks the World Record for the longest continuous broadcast by 1 director (Keith Hide-Smith) and earns a place in the Guinness Book of Records with Breaker 88.
- June 1993 - YSTV loses it's studio in Physics and is left homeless.
- October 1994 - YSTV's Goodricke Station opened by Greg Dyke.
- 5th April 1996 - YSTV featured on Planet 24's Hotel Babylon programme.
- April 1997 - YSTV hosts the National Student Television Association (NaSTA) Conference.
- 21st November 1997 - YSTV celebrates 30 years - featured on Tyne Tees News.
- 10th July 1998 - YSTV goes digital with the purchase of the Media100qx Editing System.
- September 1998 - YSTV begins a network improvement program.
- January 2000 - YSTV produces a programme for BBC Choice titled The Making of Bulletin.
- June 2000 - YSTV appeared on Channel 4's Big Breakfast, competing for a chance to make a 90 second programme live on air.
- January 2001 - YSTV received new camera and editing equipment as part of a deal with Einstein TV
- May 2001 - the constitution was reorganised, creating the present team-based structure.
- January 2002 - the Einstein TV deal fell apart and the new gear was taken back by the company.
- April 2002 - YSTV hosts the NaSTA conference.
- May 2002 - YSTV buys a 3CCD miniDV camera (a Panasonic NVGS300) to replace the Einstein equipment.
- October 2003 - YSTV commences broadcasting programmes from a video server.
- October 2004 - YSTV's live stream is viewable from student bedrooms, and programme on demand world wide.
- 13th January 2006 - YSTV Webstream Launch show. The web stream now goes out to the whole world!
- April 2006 - YSTV jointly host the NaSTA conference with ls:tv in Leeds.
- 21st November 2007 - YSTV will celebrate 40 years on air.