"YSTV Does" is the label for a very wide range of one-off programmes. These can vary from serious to very comedic: however, all of them feature one or more presenters learning about and trying out a sport, society or activity. Despite similar videos having been done in the past, the label was only officially created in 2018 by Thomas Schubert.
- YSTV goes Pole Dancing
- YSTV goes Rockclimbing
YSTV Does... TV Shows
Another format that operates underneath the "YSTV Does" label is YSTV's versions of popular TV shows, which was suggested by Thomas Schubert and Stephanie Shires at the beginning of the 2018\2019 academic year. Throughout the following year, several members took on new interpretations of their favourite TV shows. The ones that were released ended up being some of the most successful content of that year.
- YSTV Does Come Dine With Me
- Produced by Stephanie Shires and Thomas Schubert, this show assembled YSTV members who were in York prior to Freshers' Week 2018, and them cook for each other. Mostly, the food ended up being horribly disgusting, since contestants could only spend 10 Pounds in Nisa for their ingeredients. Due to production issues, the show was never edited.
- YSTV Does First Dates
- With Charlotte Rogers as the executive producer, this show brought two students looking for love together for a first date in Glasshouse. The first episode was released to critical acclaim and production on a second episode began soon. Due to the lack of straight guys applying, YSTV sent their very own Manuel Ausin on a date. This episode was never released - furthering the programme's reputation to be an absolute love destroyer. Both episodes were edited by Sam Hance. Klára Šimonová, Prakriti Jha and Aleksandra Rojek served as Assistant Producers.
- YSTV Does Hunted
- After being discussed several times in advance, the first episode ended up being shot very improvised when an episode of YSTV Sport was cancelled last minute and YSTV ended up having a van for a day. The episode featured hunters Edwin Barnes, Tom McGonagle and Cal Cooke (who received the nickname "Terminator" from this shoot) chasing two teams of fugitives through York.
- YSTV Does Taskmaster
- The pet project of Tom McGonagle. Due to scheduling problems, the filming of the studio segment had to be pushed back to the following academic year.
- YSTV Does Hunted - Episode 2
- After the success of the first episode, YSTV once again boldly hunted where no hunter has hunted before.