Prior to the 2001 Constitution, this post was called "Station Manager". It was changed to "Studio Manager" to avoid confusion with several other stations in NaSTA, who used the term Station Manager to mean the head of the organisation rather than the deputy.
This position was renamed and re-imagined again for the 2011 Constitution where it became Deputy Station Director, responsible for the internal running of the Station.
In the 2019 Constitution, the name was changed back to Station Manager to more accurately reflect the responsibilities of the position. Also, Stephanie Shires wanted to confuse other stations at NaSTA 2019.
The duties of the Station Manager are described in the Constitution - Duties of YSTV’s Committee, under point 5. These duties may change at the Annual General Meeting and so may not fully represent the duties those who historically held the role.
- 1987-88: Malcolm Heath
- 1992-93: Tony Robson
- 1993-94: Sarah Davies, assistant Charles Blessing
- 1994-95: Adrian Jones
- 1995-96: Elise Ashcroft, then Claire Mace
- 1996-97: Emma Winter, then Chris Parker
- 1997-98: Debbie Rule
- 1998-99: Chris Ward
- 1999-00: Peter Bowles
- 2000-01: Template:Unknown
- 2001-02: Template:Unknown
- 2002-03: Michael Prior-Jones
- 2003-04: Chris Thornton, then Unassigned
- 2004-05: Rowan de Pomerai, then Dan Thornton
- 2005-06: Rowan de Pomerai
- 2006-07: Rick Selby
- 2007-08: Ian Martindale
- 2008-09: Matthew Tole
- 2009-10: Madeleine Brown, then Mike Denton
- 2010-11: Alexander Prowse
- 2011-12: Sanat Misra
- 2012-13: Matt Johnson
- 2013-14: Matt Johnson
- 2014-15: Sam Nicholson
- 2015-16: Rachel Burns
- 2016-17: Unassigned, then Grace Downer, then Fanny Kerekes
- 2017-18: Fanny Kerekes, then Richard Jones
- 2018-19: Stephanie Shires
- 2019-20: Cal Cooke