|Years Active||2019 – Present|
|Current Location||Locked in a server cabinet with his beloved duck|
|Degrees||BEng Computer Science|
Hailing from a small (or possibly large) town in Wales, not much is known about the wild Rhys. The leek is the national symbol of his country (although it turns out confusingly he might be Scottish or Russian) and his favourite film is Robert Downey Jr's magum opus. He's a 'very silly goose'.
Rhysy-poos is also very very cash money. from a fellow lover of naps (or in your case staying up for as long as possible before passing out) :)
- Two dogs called Biscuit and Flora
- Lived in Constantine
- Had his bike stolen second term of the first year.
- Pro dancing skills
- Questionable Karaoke skills
- Has a gym membership
- Has lost count of amount of all nighters done in the ystv studio
- Stores food sometimes in the server rack
- Is a criminal?
- Accidently 'killed' a chicken
- nginx compiled with nginx-rtmp-module
- Microsoft Edge
His preferred production is a live production.
|1||GIAG 2019 (13/10/2019)||Graphics op / Sound mixer||Mostly vibing|
|2||Restart a heart day (16/10/2019)||Presenter||First time in front of the camera, very modcon.|
|3||Boxing Fight Night 2019 (23/11/2019)||Livestream technician||First time doing a non-test livestream, disliked having to get an IP from ITS. Found the reason why the graphics PC wasn't working because the RAM had popped out during transit, involved scampering back to the studio from D-bar and getting a screwdriver.|
|4||Drunk Mario Kart Stream (14/01/2020)||Livestream technician||Used a lot of computers and had the stream dying multiple times. Played graphics through my personal laptop's HDMI out.|
|5||GIAG 2020 (18/01/2020)||Livestream technician / general technician||Two people showed up and CasparCG did not like the idea of graphics.|
|6||Elections Debate Night 2020 (13/02/2020)||Livestream technician||Started late, livestreamed, made some notes, had the Facebook stream die 3 times.|
|7||Elections Result Night 2020 (22/02/2020)||Livestream technician||Was awake for over 24 hours. Stopped the villainous Andrew Waddle from ruining the OB network. Power was tripped. Stream did not die once during transmission!|
|8||MMA Fight Night 2020 (08/03/2020)||Livestream technician||Was awake for over 24 hours. Rebuilt OB2, making it utilise the VideoHub. Had issues with a HDMI patch panel. Stopped the villainous Andrew Waddle once again from fiddling with OB2's VideoHub patching. Found out that graphics had to be played on the DSK. Many thanks to Sophie Bolwell-Davies, and her tech help/expertise.|
Rhys has used a computer, and done a few bits and bobs.
- Organised AD users and added a few new GPO's.
- Swapped paxman's motherboard at 4am after it was having issues dropping packets whenever we would try to stream on the local network. This did not resolve the problem but instead complicated the boot process, where it now requires a person to manually select what OS to boot.
- Resolved packets being dropped on paxman after discovering there was a fault with a driver and could be resolved by a couple of commands.
- Started moving more accounts away from the domain controller and onto our user profile storage server.
- Created a little script on a Pi to display a RTMP feed over HDMI.
- Resolved network drives not been shown after taking multiple hours to find out that the file server simply wasn't on the Window's domain.
- Build the computer Welshcakes, a rack-mounted computer that has a graphics card, it's purpose being a development server and graphics playout for a 24/7 stream which may happen someday.
- Switched over the old transcoders over to the bytemark machines. Involved fiddling with our streaming infrastructure to use them and deployed encodesrv on them in time for YUSU Elections 2020.
- Created a new branch of encodesrv that utilised Python's fstrings, made the main branch "runnable" with the current YSTV setup.
- Reinstalled the OS on both OB units and setup the internal network that works sometimes.
- Swapped OB2 to use nvenc encoding.
- Reduced the amount of monitor theft that occurred during OB's.
- Obtained a new switch from ITS.
- Brought in Clarkson, his home server. There was an attempt to install it into the YSTV server rack but sadly the mighty fans made all editors hiss when they heard it's power. It will eventually go to an ITS data-centre but currently it sits on the floor, turned on during streams to multiplex the input stream to different platforms.
- Started backup process allowing the current file-store and the user profiles to be safely backed up in the Cloud.
- Created a python script to manage the OB unit's stream, making it easier to customise a stream. To be merged into the obmanager project at some point as well.
- Swapped dead drive in web and rebuilt it's array.
- Made mediawiki send emails again by adding an alias for the email address "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Setup a YSTV Minecraft server, which ITS would not be happy about it being exposed outside the Unversity network.
- Began to upload missing videos to the YSTV website since people couldn't easily access the YSTV uploader.
- Created the YSTV Computing Policy.
- Created the password manager service.